WAWA Pipeline Installation Project project at BHP’s Port Operations in Nelson Point, involved the installation of a new water supply pipeline to replace the existing water supply pipelines which were bursting.
Whittens scope of work involved the civil, concrete, piping and instrumentation associated with the installation of a new DN500 Mild Steel Cement Lined water supply pipeline. This new Sintalock pipeline was 2.5km in length and included 150m of micro tunnelling across two separate locations.
The scope of work included:
- General excavation of rock, form, steel and pour for mass thrust blocks
- Micro Tunnelling
- Grouting of pipeline inside tunnel
- Installation of pipe bends, vertical spools, convex band welding, NDT tests, heatshrink and wrappingworks
- Electrical and Instrumentation works
- Testing & Commisioning works