G&S Engineering for Mach Energy
68,000m3 Earthworks, 10,814m3 Concrete
The Mt Pleasant Operation – CHPP Earthworks and Civil project included plant site bulk earthworks, construction of the ROM wall, roads, drainage, and buried services, together with the detailed earthworks and construction of all structural concrete.
The concrete scope of work included major structures such as a ROM pad, sizing station, plant feed, thickener and reject areas, transfer houses through to stockpile reclaim tunnel and on to the train load out bin.
Key Outcomes included:
- Successful construction of 9,000m3 of structural concrete with 1100t of reinforcing fixed in various structures.
- Excavation of 250,000m3 of material with placing and compacting of backfill around the various structures.
- Bulk earthworks and structural backfill and compaction.
- Installation of RE panels for the ROM Wall.
- Concrete construction for the processing plant encompassing sizing station, plant feed and thickener areas, transfer pads through to the stockpile and a reclaim tunnel.
- Construction of a 1km diversion road to Main Road specifications together with drainage and buried services.
- Construction offline of 2 insitu concrete tunnels under the main road for an overland conveyor and vehicles.
- With no camp accommodation, all personnel were required to be accommodated in the local township and surrounding community.
- Whittens successfully met community expectations without incident.