Kawasaki Heavy Industries
Whittens completed works for the Temporary Construction Opening Project across four cryogenic tanks; two LNG, one propane and one butane. Whittens also delivered SMP works for the Project.
The scope of works included:
- Fabrication and coded welding of various structural steel components such as grid mesh, handrails, closing of the Temporary Construction Openings (Fabrication/welding) on all Cryogenic Tanks.
- Structural steel erection and tightening of structural joints.
- Flange management and tightening of various pipe joints/blinds.
- Supply of coded welders in mild steel/ stainless steel welding (Mig, Tig, Stick).
- Installation and alignment of monorail hoists on all four Cryogenic Tanks.
- Develop and hold various permits for all LTSC on various job scopes. Supply of Riggers for various riggings works such as installation/removal of swing stages, crane operations.
- Various labour-intensive tasks such as roof sheeting, logistics management and installation/removal of Meva decks for Alimak access on all Tanks.
- Engineering and Technical personnel support including Quality Assurance, MDR’s, Structural design/problem solving, planning and scheduling from start up to completion of contract/project.
- Supply of specialised resources.