BMA – BHA Mitsubishi Alliance
207,000m3 Earthworks, 4,600m3 Concrete
Whittens was awarded the contract to deliver civil earthworks and concrete for the Caval Ridge Southern Circuit Project on the Caval Ridge Mine Site, located 160km south west of Mackay, Queensland and 14km south of the Moranbah Township.
This project involved upgrading of 11km overland conveyor at Caval Ridge Mine. Whittens scope of works included:
- Earthworks and construction of access roads and pavements.
- Drainage and in-ground water and electrical services.
- Structural concrete construction.
- Foundations for the conveyor and tie-in Infrastructure.
- Construction of a run-of-mine (ROM) pad.