BHP Misc. Works
Whittens is currently undertaking the $4 million dam wall lift at the BHP Mt Whaleback site in Newman consisting of:
- Raising of several dam walls.
- Construction of new access tracks/ pipe bench.
- Modification to the tailing delivery crest pipework and spigots to accommodate the TSF raise.
- Relocation of the existing decant pump pontoon and decant return pipework modifications.
- Relocation of the decant second stage booster pumps and associated pipework modifications.
The BHP Mt Whaleback Hub Admin Building is close to PC. The project consisted of installing the new site administration building for the Hub Admin area, from completing all of the civil works, to the full fit out and final turnkey handover.
The services team has continued its growth at the Pilbara Hub mine sites with several scope awards from mine site Mt Whaleback, Area C, Jimblebar and Eastern Ridge consisting of building refurbishments, combined with road construction and scheduled maintenance works.
The services team has just finished its first Port Hedland project working closely with Broad Spectrum and BHP, installing a HDPE pipeline at Finance Island.
Furthermore the team has successfully recently secured several packages from the NPI teams entailing the installation of fire breaks, pipeline repairs, road repairs, vegetation clearing and building construction.